Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Addison Fox: Family

I’m fortunate to come from a large family. Aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws – all combine to add a dimension and layer to my life that have helped mold and shape me into the person I am. Recently, we had a family reunion. The purpose was to welcome our newest family member, born in June, to the ever-growing fold, but it also served to get us together and celebrate the joys of a shared past—and future.

For me, this sense of family and history – nearly all of my great grandparents and one of my grandparents immigrated from Europe in the early 20th century – are a part of who I am. It’s shaped how I see the world and its certainly shaped the themes in my book. Over and over, family plays a role – the families we’re born with and the ones we make on the journey of life.

A sense of family is also something I’m drawn to in the books I read. Trilogies of brothers or long running series about a given family always make the top of my to-be-read pile. It’s something I understand and connect with and it is something I find great joy in reading.

What about you? Are there themes you come back to over and over in the books you enjoy? Is there a topic that you find you always come back to in the books that end up securing a place of honor on your keeper shelf?

Thanks for joining me today!
XO,
Addison

                                                                                                                                                   


Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in New York and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest release, FOREVER YOURS, a novella in her Brooklyn Brotherhood trilogy from St. Martin’s Swerve, is out now. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

I don't have sisters, just brothers, so I'm always taken with books that have sisters. The closest thing I have to sisters is my girlfriends. And one cousin in particular. We're only 11 months apart in age.

denise

Eileen AW said...

Family is so important to me. I grew up with family gathering together at my maternal grandparents to celebrate holidays. There were my grandparents, 5 adult children and their spouses and 17 of us grandchildren. Now that we are older we are spread out around the country and don't get together as often. It's really fun when we do.